At our chat on Monday evening, I tried to compile a list of famous threesomes. It was harder than I thought. Here is what I came up with, followed by some suggestions from others at the chat. Can you think of any more?
1) The father, the son and the holy ghost
2) The three stooges— Curly, Moe and Larry
3) Three blind mice
4) Three men in a tub — the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker
5) The three bears
6) The three little pigs
7) Three brothers: Larry, Darryl and Darryl
8) The Three Tenors: Carreras, Domingo, Pavarotti
9) The Three Sisters
10) The Three musketeers — Athos, Porthos and Aramis
11) Three medals — gold, silver and bronze
12) Three richest men in the world: Buffet ($62 billion), Helu ($60 billion) Gates ($58 billion)
13) Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream (Jayne Rylon)
14) Joyce Dewitt, John Ritter and Suzanne Summers (Janet, Jack and Chrissy) from Three’s Company (Amy Smith)
15) Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke (Dukes of Hazzard – I confess I did not know this) (Greta Wheeler)
16) Strawberries, cream and champagne (T A Chase)
17) Cate Blanchett, Billy Bob Thornoton and Bruce Willis in Bandits (Sami Lee)
18) Apologies for this one. I don’t remember. Cathie Caffey recommended it – but I have NO idea what I did with the post.
Any other suggestions you can think of?