This week we welcome JR Patrick to the spotlight.
LOL, JR is very cool, and super to the point. Read on. You’ll understand whatI mean.
1) JR Patrick: Pen name or real name.
2) If it’s a pen name, where did it come from?
I won’t tell you that but I will say that Patrick is one of my hubby’s names. 😉
3) How long have you been writing for?
About a year.
4) How did you get into writing erotic romance?
Jambrea Jo Jones made me. 😀
5) What is your preferred genre?
m/m romance. It’s what I love to read most so that my first story idea was m/m made perfect sense.
6) Tell us about your books.
I have a short story, Only Yours, available at Dreamspinner Press. (Psst…it’s discounted until Wednesday).
Here’s the blurb:
When Dre asks his boyfriend Nate to move in, Nate leaves in the night without a word. Dre thinks he pushed too hard too fast, but the truth is a little more complicated. Nate is afraid Dre would dump him if Dre knew about his job in adult entertainment. Six months later, Dre is still beating himself up over scaring Nate away when they meet again… at a club where Nate works.
The idea for this story came from a unusually vivid dream I had. I was telling Jambrea about the dream and joked that it sounded like a story. She said, dead serious, “Write it!” And the rest was history.
7) Are you working on anything new?
Yes. I’m co-authoring an m/m romance with Jambrea. We’re only about halfway done so nothing much to share there yet. 🙂
8) Who would you rather have a threesome with? George Bush Jr and Sr, or Obama and Clinton? 😉
That’s a no-brainer. lol Obama and Clinton of course.
9) Who would you choose to have a threesome with? (It can be any two people in the whole world, and yes, you have to answer!)
Eric and Alcide. No! Jason Statham and Daniel Crag! Wait! Can I have a five-some instead? (If you don’t know immediately who Eric and Alcide are, I’m truly sorry for your ignorance. hehe)
(Note from Jess. Sorry. Eric is all mine and only mine, and you may not have a threesome or fivesome with him. Ever. Pick someone else. NOW.)
10) Will there ever be world peace?
Nope, because there will always be greedy people.
11) You’re out shopping and come across that one item you know you have to have, regardless of price. What is it?
Sorry, this one stumped me. Probably because me “out shopping” is very rare. lol
12) Are you offering a prize for your Meet the Heat week??
There will be prizes throughout the week and a grand prize on Saturday which includes a $10 All Romance ebooks gift certificate.
A Quick excerpt from Only Yours. ‘
(For the rest of this excerpt, check out International Heat, and the other members blogs!)
The crackle of a wrapper opening sounded. The second dancer sheathed himself—one inch at a time.
Oh. My. God. They were going to fuck.
The second dancer squirted liquid into his palm and stroked his covered cock. He curved his upper body over his partner’s shoulder. The shorter dancer turned his head and they kissed. And kissed. Dre closed his eyes against the image of the two men kissing; it reminded him of what he didn’t have. Shutting out the vision didn’t work as he saw Nate behind his closed lids. The sound of a sharply indrawn breath prompted him to open his eyes, only to see that the second dancer had positioned himself at the entrance before him, penetrating slowly. Dre groaned and knew it was aloud this time.
Fuck, I need to get laid.